At the workshop, we're fuelled day and night by coffee, so we've teamed up with local roasters, Dear Green to produce our first blend.
- Available in 250g bags
- Whole Bean or Filter Ground
- Biodegradable Bags (Even the label)
- Shipped within 7 days of roasting
50% Brazil Fazenda Pantano - 50% Rwanda Tumba
Tasting Notes: Orange Zest, Cocoa, Redcurrant.
Freshly Roasted in Scotland
We worked directly with Dear Green founder, Lisa Lawson on this blend. Lisa is Q Grader and is authorised by the Coffee Quality Institute to score coffees and ultimately determine the farm gate price they can receive on the commodity coffee market. Lisa also runs the Glasgow Coffee Festival and just really knows her stuff.
Some of the very best of Brazil’s coffee comes from the Cerrado in Minas Gerais at the Fazenda Pântano Estate.
Fazenda Pântano is located close to the city of Patos de Minas at an altitude of 1,150 meters and covers a total area of 600 hectares.
More than 100 hectares of the land is allocated for permanent natural forest reserves, which is a legal requirement under Brazilian law. The yellow bourbon cherries are picked and pulped and then immediately dried on African style raised beds for air drying.
This results in a cleaner cup than naturally processed coffee, with brighter notes and a lighter body but with greater complexity. All processing takes place on the farm and the coffee is only hulled at the point of export and packed into grain pro sacks in order to preserve favour and freshness.
The farm supports a local school and also funds various training schemes and courses for its staff. It is certified by the Rainforest Alliance
Rwanda is blessed with ideal coffee growing conditions that include high altitude, regular rainfall, volcanic soils with good organic structure and an abundance of the Bourbon coffee variety.
The vast majority of Rwandan coffee is produced by smallholders of which there are thought to be around half a million, they often have no more than just one hectare per family.
Tumba coffee washing station is located in the northern province of Rwanda, a region known for producing some of the finest coffee in the country. Tumba was established in 2007 by 3 private investors and is now owned by Venuste Mugiraneza, the only founding member who is a local inhabitant.
A former teacher, Venuste is very passionate about coffee and has developed his expertise over the past 10 years. As a local resident, he is also aware of many hurdles coffee farmers can face, so he has been investing in farmer extension services. He works tirelessly to keep the station in a good condition to continue to deliver perfect quality and support the farmers he works with.
Information provided by Dear Green.
- All of our products are covered by a lifetime guarantee, unless otherwise stated. Exclusions include the Trakke Face Mask.
- We offer a free repairs service that covers defects in workmanship and materials.
- Extreme wear & tear can be repaired at a fair price.
- Orders are shipped daily from Monday to Thursday.
- Free worldwide shipping over £100 (UK) or £200 (International)
- UK UPS Delivery - Next Working Day (from despatch date)
- UPS International Delivery - 2-5 Working Days (from despatch date).
- UPS Fully tracked & signed for.
- Free UK Returns
- All orders must be returned within 90 days of delivery.
- Due to health concerns, Face Masks cannot be returned.